This is a large unused high school auditorium with a high sky-blue ceiling, an empty field of seats, and one lone grand piano in residence waiting for some music lovers to come once again. The school was built in 1917 and the piano was bought new at the time and hasn’t moved from the building since. It is in the same rough and dusty condition as the room and balconies it lives in, and is unplayable nowadays with a few missing keys and wobbly wooden legs.
This eastern Pennsylvania school is in anthracite coal country and closed in 1980, never to be used in education again. It is now being re-purposed as a general community center and it’s been slow going in an economically depressed area, but at least it isn’t a hollowed out and ransacked shell but for some people who are trying.